This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

DONT LET ME DO ADMIN THING;

ati209

Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:28:45 pm

HI
3 DAYS AGO I INSTALL ZROIN,AFTER THAT IM FACING THESE PROBLEMS:
1.I LOGIN TO MY ACOOUNT AND IT SAY GUEST?THEN NOTHINH IS WORKING LIKE GOOGLE CHROME,AND EVEN IT DONT LET ME DO UPDATE ETC.THERE IS A ON TASKBAR THAT I DONT.I CANT MOVE WINDOWS AROUND?I THOUGH SOMETHING WENT WRONG IN INSTALLTION WHEN I REDID THE INSTALLINTION,I DID HAVE SOME LUCK.ILIKE INSTALLING UPDATE,USING CHROME BUT IT DIDNT LET ME GO TO ROOT FOLDER AND SOMEOTHER TOO.THE BLACK LINE STILL ON TASKBAR AND I DOWNLOAD SOMETHING FROM SOFT WARE CENTER BUT I COULDNT FOUND IT?
PLZ HELP ME. :|

Wolfman

Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:38:16 pm

Hi,

please see this thread about logging in:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=6338

For updating, open a terminal (Ctrl + Alt + t) and paste the following command and then restart your PC:

Code:
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade -f

See also:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2247

Post install guide:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2054

Any apps you install will show in the main menu in the various lists available!. :D

ati209

Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:17:39 pm

Ok.but what about the black line above the taskbar I hate it man,its so annoying

ati209

Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:20:04 pm

And 1 more thing I can't move windows

Wolfman

Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:03:53 am

ati209 wrote:Ok.but what about the black line above the taskbar I hate it man,its so annoying

Post a screenshot please!.

And 1 more thing I can't move windows

which windows do you mean?, normally just clicking the top part of a window and dragging it with your mouse will work!. :D

Swarfendor437

Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:32:49 am

Hi Wolfman, I think he means using the Windows key and cursor keys - like you could in 6! ;)

Wolfman

Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:54:18 pm

PS: what graphics card do you have?.

Paste this command in a terminal (Ctrl + Alt +) and post the results here please:

Code:
lspci

ati209

Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:21:34 pm

1.jpg
here are the pics
it wont let me upload any more pic

ati209

Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:33:10 pm

when i put lscpi it says no command found.
after the 2 uptdaes, it shows an upgrade to 14.04 should i do it.there is a pic where im trying to move windows it dont move.in 4th pic u see i cant open root folder and some other

Wolfman

Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:15:25 am

Hi,

SORRY!, I typed the comand wrong earlier, I have since corrected it!.

The correct command is:

Code:
lspci

Do not upgrade your system to 14.04 otherwise it will become a bog standard Ubuntu and all the Zorin look & feel will be gone!.

See the update guide for more info about updating and updating to the next higher version:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2247

You can do a quick full update with this command:

Code:
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade -f

Your screenshot may be something to do with the picture desktop setting, open Tweak Tool > Desktop > Picture Options and look at the setting there, your pics may not be capable of being zoomed!.
Tweak Tool_014.jpg

If you want to do anything as root:

Press Ctrl + Al + t (terminal) and enter the following command:

Code:
gksudo nautilus

which will give you root privileges as long as you leave the home folder open!.

Let us know if this helps. :D