This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

(SOLVED) Z8 Main Menu problem

Acer DeVille

Thu May 01, 2014 1:03:13 am

I recently asked about editing the main Zorin menu, and was told to try menulibre. I did that, and it didn't work, I would open it, uncheck one thing then it would force close, now it won't even start. I also read that Yet Another Menu, would have the old Zorin menu editor, so I added it to the bar, but it won't start, there is just a blank square, with a note that says "click to restart applet", clicking on the applet does nothing, the circle goes around, stops and it says "click to restart" again. So I'm still sitting here without a way to edit my menu. Does anyone else have any ideas?

Wolfman

Thu May 01, 2014 5:10:28 am

Hi AD,

sounds like something is broken, run the following 2 terminal commands (Ctrl + Alt + t) and see if that fixes any broken packages you may have:

Code:
sudo dpkg --configure -a

Code:
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade -f

Let us know if this helps!. :D

Swarfendor437

Thu May 01, 2014 11:42:17 am

Did you try 'alacarte'? That worked for me! With regards to 'YAMA' - I think that only worked in the Release Candidate of Zorin 8 - I noticed that the search bar for 'YAMA' that was there in the RC is now no longer present! :(

Acer DeVille

Mon May 12, 2014 1:48:43 am

I am so sorry it took me so long to get back, I have some medical problems that sometimes keep me bedridden for weeks at a time. I tried alacarte first as it was preinstalled, then I tried --configure -a, etc..., I finally managed to luck up on a program called "Ezame". I wish I could remember where and how I found it, but it finally worked for me. Thanks, I guess it's time to mark it Solved.