This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Trying to get Firefox toolbar

Wally The Confused

Thu May 01, 2014 12:02:51 pm

Hi Again.
Getting used to the new system, and finding my way around, I noticed that I could not find the firefox toolbar, and despite marking : never remember history.
Next time I start up, it all comes back, Gmail e adresses & site pages etc.
So I am not going to be using any of my banking stuff, on zorin, until I get that sorted.

I tried following other steps that I found on this site, and the ctrl + alt + t works, i put in the comands, the screen jumps about, then comes up with
[sudo] password for jan -

And the keyboard goes dead, so the only key that works, is ENTER,
then I get something like : sorry, try again.
the only way out, from there, is to press the power button to shut down, then start again.

And yes, I got a cable, so this is done on the ethernet thing from the back of my bt hub straight to the aspire 1.
:? Any Ideas would be greatly appreciated

Swarfendor437

Thu May 01, 2014 12:05:26 pm

OK, not sure about the main bit but in respect of your 'thread title' this is cross-platform to view the 'menu bar'
- press F10! :D

Rother

Thu May 01, 2014 12:19:46 pm

Hi do you need google toolbar,
for my gmail i use x-notifier usefull as i can have all my yahoo gmx accounts, it does pop & imap in one place also for my bookmarks i use Fess google bookmark manager all in your addons
Rother

Wally The Confused

Thu May 01, 2014 12:26:12 pm

Ha, I googled and firefoxed all over, and nowhere did anyone mention PRESS F 10 .
Yes , that worked, thanks.
Rother, Ill give that a try , thanks.
My main concern was turning history off.
I travel a lot, and do not want this notebook lost or stolen, if I have not been able to delete everything on closing down.
Thanks

Rother

Thu May 01, 2014 12:36:55 pm

Hi do you not do that under firefox preferences privacy, i set mine to lose everything when i come out of firefox. but you can vary as to what you want to keep
Rother

Rother

Thu May 01, 2014 1:04:05 pm

you should also set a master password.
Firefox => Preference... => Security (tab) => Passwords => [X] Use a master password (type your password and saved)
or do you protect it another way
Rother

Wolfman

Fri May 02, 2014 4:30:05 am

Hi,

did you also right click the top panel of FF and select "Menu Bar"?.

Swarfendor437

Fri May 02, 2014 11:52:42 am

Keyboard's a lot quicker Wolfman! ;)

Wally The Confused

Sun May 04, 2014 11:57:28 am

Wolfman wrote:Hi,

did you also right click the top panel of FF and select "Menu Bar"?.

Hi again, No, I have to admit, that with everything looking so different, I never thought of right clicking anything.
As said, I am not very good at this computer stuff to begin with.
Thanks for all the response.
Jan

Wolfman

Wed May 07, 2014 7:21:45 am

Hi Jan,

can we mark this as solved?. :D