This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Adobe Muse

Anonymous

Sun May 04, 2014 1:29:59 pm

[img][img][/img][/img]I have Samsung N110 notebook with xp preinstalled. Obviously it is a few yrs old and I can not afford to replace it at the moment. I have Zorin 6.4 dual booted with the original xp at the moment. Both work fine though i am really happy with Zorin and would ditch windows completely if I could edit my website in Zorin. T this end I was experimenting with Muse in Wine. If I get the exe from my windows set up and open in Wine it will do everything I want it to do. When I close down however and reboot it does not remain installed. Is this because it is not a legal version do you think , or is there a simple solution. I was amazed that Muse would run in Zorin as all the experts said it was impossible. I know I could run it in a virtual machine but my notebook was not supplied with a cd and I have no cd drive on the notebook. My real problem is lack of funds. I am retired on a very small pension and therefore can not buy a solution. I am totally non tech so if someone out there has a solution it will need to be explained in simple terms. Thanks to all who have helped me so far.

Anonymous

Sun May 04, 2014 1:31:06 pm

I tried to show screen shot of Muse working in Zorin but the in Line thingy never appeared.

Swarfendor437

Sun May 04, 2014 11:41:27 pm

If you are using Firefox you will not be able to upload - try downloading 12.16 of Opera - you should have no issues uploading then! :D

Just tried downloading a trial version to see if I could get it to run here but Adobe site having issues! :(

Anonymous

Mon May 05, 2014 1:10:53 pm

Thank you for your response. I am still in trouble. I can run Muse in chrome browser and everything except view in browser seems to work. It says this is probably a firewall http issue which I am sure we can deal with once I can get Muse installed in Zorin. I am non tech so go computer and click on windows part of the hard disc. I then go to programs, adobe muse open and right click on the exe. Open with wine and I have Muse running in Zorin 6.4 core.
The next time I start the computer Muse is not installed. If I copy the exe file to Zorin and right click open in wine, I get adobe air can not find application descriptor. I have had a look in Zorin side of hard drive but do not understand it at all. I have moved all the adobe files to the home folder on Zorin in case this descriptor thing is in one of them. I tried Opera and it was exactly the same result as in chrome. As things are I can not ditch windows.
Do you have any further ideas?

Anonymous

Mon May 05, 2014 1:11:41 pm

It would be really helpful if I could upload screen shots.

Wolfman

Tue May 06, 2014 5:31:03 am

Hi,

although not muse, this might help (I cannot find any Linux info otherwise!):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpQJkn50IyI

To updload a pic:

Upload attachement > Browse > Select your pic > Place inline. Click in an empty space within the post window before clicking on Place inline!:

THIS ONLY WORKS WITH JPG!:

Anonymous

Tue May 06, 2014 3:50:25 pm

Thanks for your reply.
I had already viewed the photoshop tutorial but have decided that without exact instructions with my little knowledge I may end up in all sorts of trouble. As I can run it from the widows side of the hard disk in Zorin I just need to sort out the firewall setting to allow the view in browser bit. I have spent hours reading about it but can not really understand what I need to do. The default browser in 6.4 Zorin core is Chrome. I tried Opera with exactly the same results. I can only think as adobe can not find the app descriptor when I try to install from the muse exe removed from the windows side of the hard drive that it is somewhere there but I can not find it. I have also tried to read up about that but far to complicated for anyone to be able to explain it for a layman. Regarding the photo upload the place in line command is not there.

Swarfendor437

Tue May 06, 2014 9:55:51 pm

Wolfman wrote:Hi,

although not muse, this might help (I cannot find any Linux info otherwise!):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpQJkn50IyI

To updload a pic:

Upload attachement > Browse > Select your pic > Place inline. Click in an empty space within the post window before clicking on Place inline!:

THIS ONLY WORKS WITH JPG!:

Hi Wolfman, I have uploaded .jpg and small .png files with no issues - Firefox is currently behaving like Midori which has never worked - there is a 'button/box' that appears in Firefox that does not appear in Opera so I need Opera to upload pictures to the forum! ;)

Anonymous

Wed May 07, 2014 2:31:55 am

I too have uploaded screenshots in the past but at the moment I can not click place in line because it is not there. I am in Chrome which has worked before.

Wolfman

Wed May 07, 2014 6:10:27 am

Hi chaps,

I use FireFox and very rarely have a problem with uploading pics?.

Admin, can you check this problem please?. :D

Swarfendor437

Wed May 07, 2014 11:55:31 am

Hi Wolfman, I have PM'd Admins about the fact no matter what browser I am in I can not upload pictures to PM's - a pity as I was trying to help someone who had PM'd me with Pics and I couldn't! :(

Wolfman

Wed May 07, 2014 4:45:22 pm

Sounds good to me Swarf!. :D