This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

(SOLVED) Hooking Up To D-Link DIR-850L Router !

rjon

Tue May 06, 2014 2:03:32 pm

I have the new D-Link Router, DIR-850L any great one have any idea how to hook this up so I can use the Router, plenty of extra terminal hooked up to it ! Got it on it on drive about 160 GB !
THANKS AHEAD OF TIME IF SOMEONE COULD PLEASE HELP, MAYBE ONE OF THE SMART ONE FROM ZORIN OR WHO EVER KNOWS HOW !

Swarfendor437

Tue May 06, 2014 9:47:09 pm

You should be able to log on to it just like any other router! The key thing you will need will be:

Password to connect, and which type (you should use WPA-2 Personal for best security)

rjon

Sun May 11, 2014 3:49:26 pm

NO ! I AM THE ROUTER I DON'T GET CONNECTION AT ALL, EVEN IF I UNHOOK THE ROUTER & TRY IT !!! I HAVEN'T GOT AN INTERNET CONNECTION AT ALL !! But I do have internet connection using Windows ! WHAT AM I DOING WRONG ?

Swarfendor437

Sun May 11, 2014 7:24:38 pm

OK, first off no need to SHOUT! ;)

1. Are you trying to connect to with a Desktop or Notebook?

2. Make and Model please! :D

3. Whilst in Windows, can you tell us the make and model of the Wireless chip/Ethernet Card - it is not easy to tell whether you are having wireless or cable issues - please advise so we can help you! ;)

rjon

Tue May 13, 2014 3:29:50 am

Ever Heard of IOMMU ? Well that fixed the problem !

Wolfman

Tue May 13, 2014 5:38:19 am

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IOMMU

Have marked as solved!. :D

Swarfendor437

Tue May 13, 2014 11:51:42 am

Hi Wolfman, looked at that wiki for 5 seconds ... and GNU/Linux is complicated? :lol: