This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Wine Theme (Black)

SimonVM

Tue May 06, 2014 5:59:10 pm

Question: is there a Wine theme that matches with Zorin Black?

Background: (can be safely ignored by those who have little time ;) )

Another word of praise for Zorin. Over the years I have collected a huge box of portable tools, apps that can be run without installing, and organized the entire set in a system tray launcher called PStart. To my utmost delight, Wine is capable of adding PStart to the Wine System Tray, and it can run almost all of my portable apps. Fantastic!

However, due to vision problems, I *have* to use the Zorin Black theme, and Wine uses the default W2K/XP theme. So what I am looking for is a .msstyle theme for Wine that either matches with Zorin Back, or something that looks like the default High Contrast Black theme shipped with W2K and XP.

Any suggestions?

Swarfendor437

Tue May 06, 2014 10:18:25 pm

Hi, have you tried the 'High Contrast Theme' within Zorin?

Go to Menu | System Tools | Preferences | Tweak Tool

Then select Theme | Current Theme and click on what is showing to get a 'drop-down' list:

38.png

You may also want to take a gander at my Assistive Technology video in respect of Compiz - it's not all about 'whizz bang' desktop effects! ;)

http://vimeo.com/57264420

SimonVM

Wed May 07, 2014 1:05:11 am

Greetings, Swarfendor.

(do an old fellow a favour, and tell me your real name - presuming it isn't Swarfendor :) )

Yep, I tried that, and it doesn't work. It only sets the title bar and window border, not the inside of the window.

According to the Wine documentation, it uses native Windows theme files to adjust sizes and icons and such, and to set the default colors (that would be a .msstyle file, and those are stored in .wine/drive_c/windows/Resources/Themes). On top of that, Windows (and Wine) use an overlay of color settings, which, I fear is in the user registry .wine/user.reg.

I can alter my user color manually, and then Wine config looks like this:

wine.png

and Windows Notepad like this:

notepad.png

but if I reinstall (which I do regularly -smile-) I'll probably loose it all.

So what I need is (a) to create a ZorinBlack.msstyle myself, which will take a few days, knowing how Microsoft shares documentation about these things (NOT!), (b) manually save my color setting from the user registry and reload them after each reinstall (could script that), or (c) hope that someone has found (or created) a high contrast black .msstyle file.

(Liked your video -smile-)

Take care,
Simon

Wolfman

Wed May 07, 2014 6:15:01 am

Hi Simon,

you can try "shiki-wine-theme" (Red theme for Wine).

In a terminal (Ctrl + Alt + t):

Code:
sudo apt-get install shiki-wine-theme

Hope it helps!. :D