This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Download/Update Clam & GUI

Germiston

Thu May 08, 2014 10:58:23 am

Hello.
Updates & new GUIs are not supported by Zorin but no doubt you can do it through Clams own site...problem is I have no idea how to do it & despite looking for ages on various sites for help, I am still at a loss.Can anyone help please? I know that having this AV system isnt critical BUT as a Windows user of many years I just cant help but have some AV protection installed...

Swarfendor437

Thu May 08, 2014 11:58:08 am

Hi, once installed you should get checks for 'freshclam' - I did contribute a post on this AV on how to install and remove the update reminder for gui - I will revisit this in due course and try to find the links to help you but at work now and lunch time is about to end! ;)

Wolfman

Fri May 09, 2014 5:29:11 am

Germiston

Sun May 18, 2014 4:23:36 pm

Hello

I went to the Clam site & have a folder in my Download folder called 'Clam-0.98.3 (53 items)' along with a separate file of same name ending in 'tar.gz'.

I've also installed the new ClamTK GUI 5.06

BUT ...I have no idea what to do to the Clam-0.98.3 downloads. I presume all I actually have is a new GUI to my old Clam?

Can someone assist please?

Thanks in advance

Wolfman

Sun May 18, 2014 7:53:30 pm

Hi,

did you install clamav via Synaptic?, I don't know what all those files are or where you got them from but if you installed clamav via Synaptic, it should place its own files in its own folder I would assume?.

If you select "clamtk" for install; it will auto install all the bits you need!:
Workspace 1_001.jpg

In a terminal (Ctrl + Alt + t):

Code:
sudo apt-get install clamtk

Germiston

Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:31:08 pm

Thanks but I still cant get the latest 'Update' despite the new GUI (v 5) saying that I get them automatically...I presume that by saying they are available they havent actually been downloaded/installed?