This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Backup file grayed

zio

Mon May 12, 2014 4:08:15 pm

I am very new to Zorin so please be patient with me. I have intalled truecrypt and created a secure file for my personal data. When I do a backup this file is grayed and I cannot select it. How can I make it accessable for backup?

Wolfman

Tue May 13, 2014 5:22:23 am

Hi,

did you do it as root or normal user?. (create the backup file)

Did you run the backup app as root when you did the backup and did it seem to do all you required of it?. Were there any error messages?.

zio

Sun May 18, 2014 3:10:15 am

I did tried to do the backup by going to system menu>system settings>system>backup. Clicked on folders tab and then the + symbol to add the file created by Truecrypt. It is gray and I could not slect it. I can perform a backup on all other files without any problem. What do I need to do to have this file available for backup?

Wolfman

Sun May 18, 2014 4:22:26 am

Hi,

open a terminal (Ctrl + Alt + t) and paste the following command which will make you "root":

Code:
gksudo nautilus

Then navigate to the file and right click it and check the permissions and adjust them as necessary!.

zio

Thu May 22, 2014 1:41:43 pm

I changed the permissions to -rwxrwx--- and the file is still gray when I try to use backup

Wolfman

Thu May 22, 2014 2:16:00 pm

zio wrote:I changed the permissions to -rwxrwx--- and the file is still gray when I try to use backup

Hi,

is that your normal user name?. :D