This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Some Keyboard Keys Not Working

mikeg

Mon May 12, 2014 11:15:01 pm

I've installed Zorin 8 on an Acer 3100 laptop and have two issues with the keyboard.

1) I have tried both English (US) and English (US, with euro on 5) keyboard settings in the "System Settings" section. For both of them the Left control key and Fn keys fail to work. Does anyone knowa work around?

2) Once my left Control Key is working, I would like to be able to swap it with the Caps Lock. How do I do this? In Ubuntu 12.04 I can do this via System Setting->Keyboard Layout->Layouts->Options, but I don't see an option in the similar place in Zorin.

Many thanks.

Wolfgang02

Mon May 12, 2014 11:55:32 pm

I can help with 2. System Settings > Keyboard > Layout Settings (bottom left) > Options (Bottom Right). Hope that helps.

With regards to 1. is it all the Fn keys which are not working? You might be able to assign shortcut keys to all the functions? System settings > Keyboard > shortcuts tab

Let us know how you get on.

Wolfman

Tue May 13, 2014 4:57:48 am

Hi,

do you have more than one keyboard showing in the keyboard layout tool?, if you do, remove all but one of them:

Text Entry_015.jpg

Have you done a complete system update?, run this terminal (Ctrl + Alt + t) command and restart and see if you still have the same problem:

Code:
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade -f