This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Installing Windows 7

TheCandide

Wed May 14, 2014 3:20:28 am

After the XP end of support, I decided to replace it on my daughters computer with Zorin. I previously used the premium business version and there a lot of articles touting Zorin 8 as a perfect XP replacement. However, it's turned into a complete disaster, I never should have given a nine year old Linux. We spent hours getting popular programs like Roblox to work (only as a guest) and others are just incompatible or not supported well enough on wine.

I got a copy of Window 7 OEM and wish to remove Zorin and install that. However, no mater what I do I can not get the system to boot to the CD. It always goes back to the Zorin boot-loader screen. My girlfriend and daughter are giving me ____ and I can not get Zorin removed and Windows installed. There are plenty of articles for setting up a dual boot, but I can't seem to find anything about going back to Windows only. Please save me!!

Wolfman

Wed May 14, 2014 5:26:33 am

Hi,

make sure that your PC is set to boot from CD ROM in BIOS, (change the boot order).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smL4hDBrN2A

Here is a partitioning guide with instructions on how to remove Linux and create partitions for Windows (scroll down to this bit "Part 2: Windows Strikes Back.(The return of Bill & Co)".

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2601