This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Software Updater Not Working

Linuxfanboy

Thu May 15, 2014 7:20:46 pm

Using Zorin 7.1 desktop edition. When I turn on my computer, it runs a software updater. Lately, the message reads "failed to download repository information." It has been doing this the last few weeks. Tried to update with terminal using sudo apt-get update and get this error message "Some index files failed to download they have been ignored, or old ones used instead." Do i need to change to a different repository and if so which one? Thank you.

Swarfendor437

Thu May 15, 2014 10:13:58 pm

Hi and welcome to the Forum! :D

Try the option of seeing which is the best one to connect to - there is some option in the repo side of the 'settings' function to do this. For best results, make sure you have it set to 'Main Server' - if still having difficulties, try choosing one based geographically near to the country where you reside.

Keep us posted!

Anonymous

Fri May 16, 2014 4:46:23 am

Hi

At the moment I have also a problem to download all updates to Zorin 8.1 Core. There seems to be two "packages" that are not downloading from the "Main server", "Backups" and "Winetricks". Both failed separately. All other I managed to download and install. It only says that "check your net connection" but there should not be anything wrong. Try to tick these "of" and get a new try to update, if you can get a list of available new updates.

Wolfman

Fri May 16, 2014 12:30:38 pm

Hi,

see this section of the update guide and change your download location: "Software Sources Settings:"

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2247