This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Krusader Does not see USB devices

Acer DeVille

Fri May 16, 2014 8:03:14 pm

Using Zorin 8, and Krusader 2.4.0, for some reason Krusader will not recognize any USB devices unless I first open the device in Nautilus, and copy the mount point folder location from the address bar of Nautilus, and the paste that into the address bar of Krusader. It then will open the device correctly, until I close Krusader, then I have to copy/paste again. However no matter what I do Krusader will not recognize my LG android phone at all, not ever. No matter what I do it will not see the phone.

I first posted this on the Krusader mailing list as they've completely shut down their support forum due to "spam". I was told that "I'd say it's the fault of your OS, which is
meant to work out-of-the-box, for not automounting"

After I clearly stated that plugging in the device results in it immediately being displayed on the desktop, and Nautilus (I think that's the default file manger for Zorin), automatically recognizes and mounts the device. Also I've tried a couple other file managers, they also automatically recognized and mounted all devices, it's just Krusader that won't.

Personally I think that the difference in how Zorin, and KDE register the presence of USB devices is the cause, I'm not a coder, but everything else works, you know the old "looks like a duck" saying. lol. I've tried a few other managers that are modeled after Krusader, or Krusader is modeled after them whichever it is, but I just don't like them, I like Krusader that's the beauty of Linux isn't it, you can do whatever you want to do.

So does anyone have any suggestions on what might make this work?

Swarfendor437

Fri May 16, 2014 9:19:09 pm

I'm wondiering if you need to install all of KDE - See Wolfman's post on a different topic here on how to do it:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7149&p=34176&hilit=install+kde+full+kde#p34176

Acer DeVille

Fri May 16, 2014 11:13:52 pm

Thanks for the quick reply, I may have to look at kde-full, sort of makes sense seeing as how many kde apps Zorin uses anyway. However I changed from Kubuntu back to Zorin because my computer is so old that it just can't pull all those programs. I realize that kde base won't run as many things as Kubuntu does, but they are all still installed. I guess I can give it a try, and see what happens, then again I might wait a day or two and see if anyone else has any ideas.

Then again I may just find another manager, not only because of the problem with it working, but this is twice I've asked a support question, and twice I got a reply that was less than friendly. With support like that, you hope that you don't ever need support. Those kind of responses really make me mad, if I was paying for the service I would be getting a refund, why should I put up with that just because it's free? I just wish there was another manager I halfway liked.

Wolfman

Sat May 17, 2014 6:33:13 am