This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Need to turn Zorin taskbar back on.

kfowler57

Sat May 17, 2014 11:02:04 pm

Newbie here. Did the Zorin/XP dual install and love it. It's working fine but today I carelessly clicked an X and turned off my taskbar and now I can't figure out how to turn it back on. All my icons are still on the desktop but don't know how to access programs without the taskbar. Please advise how to turn back on. I'm assuming it's something I type into the terminal window. Thanks!

Wolfman

Sun May 18, 2014 4:59:29 am

Hi,

if you quit AWN and cannot restart it:

press Ctrl + Alt + t which will open a terminal and paste this command:

Code:
avant-window-navigator

Then right click on the bottom panel > Dock Preferences > Start Awn automatically

If you close the terminal afterwards, AWN will close again, press Ctrl + Alt + Del and then log out and back in again and it should be there assuming you set it to start automatically as I described above.

Re-install AWN:

if your AWN panel is completely screwed up, open a terminal and paste the following command:

Code:
sudo apt-get purge avant-window-navigator && sudo apt-get install avant-window-navigator

This should remove and reinstall AWN to a bog standard new one.

You should restart with Ctrl + Alt + Del; then log out and Restart and see if it fixes the problem!.

See this section here:

More info about the AWN (Avant Window Manger)

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2054