This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Problems in installation: Finnish language

FIN-man

Wed May 21, 2014 8:32:43 am

I installed Zorin 8 and like it a lot. However, I have big trouble in trying to install it in Finnish (or Swedish). Every time I try to install the Finnish package, the OS tells me that I have a problem with my internet connection and I cannot download the packages. Same happened with the Swedish packages.

However my internet works perfectly and the OS just downloaded some 300-400 MB of updates to the English OS version.

I can browse the net with Chrome without any glitches.

Wolfman

Wed May 21, 2014 11:39:44 am

Hi,

please see this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1699

Change your software sources download location too:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2247

See this section:

Changing your software sources download location:

FIN-man

Thu May 22, 2014 7:05:14 am

Thanks for your reply. After I had installed the English updates and fiddled around a bit, I shut the computer down. After restart I could install the Finnish packages without a problem, and now the system is (mostly) Finnish. Everything seems to be OK.

This is my first ever linux installation and I am really surprised how easy the OS is to use.

- FIN-man -

Wolfman

Thu May 22, 2014 8:17:36 am

Hi,

open the language support tool and remove the English language package!:

Workspace2.jpg
Workspace2.jpg (42.79 KiB)

Swarfendor437

Thu May 22, 2014 12:00:11 pm

Just to add, GNU/Linux does not have a central application repository, different programmers are part of different projects, so if you see an application in English it is because they don't have the experts to hand to translate into certain languages - they are always looking for volunteers! ;)