This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Messed-up Graphics

Tea

Thu May 22, 2014 2:08:59 am

Logged in to my computer this afternoon and the graphics are so messed-up. It's like the contrast level is turned way up. Any suggestions on how to fix this? Thankyou.

Wolfman

Thu May 22, 2014 5:14:51 am

Hardware info and more details would help!.

Did you reset the monitor if it is external?.

Have you hit/moved your PC?.

What graphics card do you have?.

Have you done a full system update or run DPKG per this guide?:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2247

Swarfendor437

Thu May 22, 2014 11:56:01 am

I had a similar issue with my nVidia GT620 - my mistake at the time was using some 'brightness control' - can't remember if it was in 'System Settings' or got installed after nvidia specific driver - I also downgraded from DVI and HDMI to VGA - no problems with VGA.

Tea

Thu May 22, 2014 2:08:45 pm

I can't even read the responses to my problem. It is only the internet that is messed up. Photos still look great and programs I use on the computer are good. When I connect to the internet the graphics are funky. Can you resend your responses as a private message so I can read them? Thank you.

Tea

Thu May 22, 2014 3:34:42 pm

Wolfman, can you send all those questions to me privately. i can kinda make out something about resetting my monitor? i got the message that says "Per your request" and then I click on the link and it takes me here where i can't make out what is asked. sorry for the trouble.

Wolfman

Thu May 22, 2014 3:58:40 pm

Hi,

I sent you a message with the questions posted above in a previous post???.

what graphics card do you have?. :D

Look here for Nvidia and AMD/ATI:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2490

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=6951

Do a full system update with this terminal /(Ctrl + Alt + t) command:

sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade -f

See also:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2247