This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[SOLVED]Internal wireless network adapter won't work

Anonymous

Sat May 24, 2014 11:56:35 am

Hi there dear members,

this is my second request for help and i'm an absolute beginner so please give me a step by step aprouch.
sorry if my Englisch is bad, i'm from Belgium and my language is Dutch but ill try to explain myself as good as i can.

i have removed Zorin OS 6 32 bit from my computer because the computer is able to run Zorin OS 8 32 bit and i have installed it with great succes, i'm lovin it!
there is only one problem i can not fix
the internal wireless adapter won't work and i have surch the computer for a link to open the program "surch for extra drivers" but it no longer exist here on Zorin OS 8 32 bit or maybe it has an other name

can someone tell my how to install the internal wireless adapter or the drivers?

Sincere

Hensyr

Anonymous

Sat May 24, 2014 1:04:29 pm

Update

The problem about the internal wireless adapter is been solved, stupid as i was not reed first the tips and tricks from Wolfman : viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2054
The Extra Hardware is in Synaptic > Settings > Repositories > Additional Drivers

But the wireless adapter wasn't working after that so i had to do some things differend
i opened the terminal and removed the drivers by:
Code:
sudo apt-get purge bcmwl-kernel-source broadcom-sta-common broadcom-sta-source

and install this:
Code:
sudo apt-get install b43-fwcutter firmware-b43-installer

restarted the computer and after that i was able to connect my secure wireless network

Thanks Wolfman for the tips and tricks

Sincere

Hensyr