This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

(SOLVED)facebook icon on desktop linking to my facebook page

Anonymous

Sun May 25, 2014 7:34:53 am

How to get simple facebook icon on desktop direct link to my facebook page.
This is how I keep in contact with my children so none of the usual naff remarks please. I do not want an app i have tried gwibber which I got when I Installed desktop facebook and all i want is to click the facebook icon on my desktop and go to my page. I do not want to know how it works just which things to click to get it to happen.
Any relevant help would be much appreciated. I can drag a link there but am unable to change the hideous file like apparition as when I right click and go to permissions or what ever it is I cannot click allow as because of something to do with unrecognised http.

Wolfman

Sun May 25, 2014 7:41:51 am

Anonymous

Sun May 25, 2014 7:57:12 am

Thank you wolfman. Immediately I posted I was doing something else and found desktop facebook had actually installed but I had not been able to locate it. Thank you for your help. I have not needed windows for ages now and really like Zorin. It is certainly frustrating but the appearance is fresh and it is much quicker than my old xp was.

Wolfman

Mon May 26, 2014 5:59:28 am

Hi,

no problem, I will mark this as solved!. :D