This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Netflix audio and video not synced

cjcool6715

Tue May 27, 2014 9:23:39 pm

Hi I've been having trouble with playback in Netflix. The sound and the video don't match up, usually the sound is way ahead of the video. I'm using Zorin 8 os I've installed Netflix desktop and pipelight I have a NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE Video card which I have already installed the correct driver(304.88). I have done all the updates. Any Ideas?

Wolfman

Wed May 28, 2014 4:59:47 am

Hi,

please see the sound guide about installing "Pulse Audio manager" (AKA: paman):

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2023

Basically, you should install the following packages via a terminal (Ctrl Alt + t) if not already installed:

Code:
sudo apt-get install libsox-fmt-all paman

And:

Code:
sudo apt-get install faac flac

Then check the settings in the Pulse Audio Volume Control and see if there are any problems with the devices.

You should also try using the force update command in case there are any missing dependencies:

Code:
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade -f

cjcool6715

Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:01:35 am

ok I did all those thing and playback is not synced at first, but if I play around with the slider bar and pause it then unpause it a couple times it will sync and play fine.

Wolfman

Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:51:12 am

Hi,

does Netflix use "Flash Player"?.

1: Start a flash vid and then right click the screen and click on "Global Settings" and then go to "Global Storage Settings panel" and move the slider all the way to the right.
Adobe - Flash Player.jpg

2: Start a vid in fullscreen , right click and open "Settings" and take out the tick for "Hardware Accelereation".

cjcool6715

Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:11:00 am

Ok, I tried that but still same result, I can get to sync when I move it to different parts of the movie a couple times.

Wolfman

Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:11:42 am

Have you tried a different browser?.

cjcool6715

Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:11:52 am

No I haven't tried a different browser I've only used netflix desktop. It automatically loads all the plugins needed and opens in a firefox browser directly to the netflix site. I'm not sure how to open a different one and get the plugins needed otherwise.

Swarfendor437

Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:37:51 am

Download Opera 12.16 from the www.opera.com old versions of .deb for Ubuntu package, then install the extension 'Film Info and Reviews'

https://addons.opera.com/en/extensions/ ... display=en

cjcool6715

Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:29:47 pm

That doesn't work because it needs to be opened under wine. Netflix desktop opens a firefox browser under wine automatically. Otherwise netflix detects that I have a linux OS and won't let me play anything.

Swarfendor437

Sun Jun 22, 2014 3:02:35 pm

Try the solutions offered here?:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2184246