This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Problem in Google web browser after updating zorin 8.1

pranav.docca

Wed May 28, 2014 10:09:08 am

Hello Friends

Help required:- My system is ASAU P4-GE MX with Intel P4 Processor / 1GB RAM / 40GB HD.

Installed Zorin 8.1 and worked well in all respects except slow booting. Google browser worked will with relatively slow loading of pages. All the flash content and YouTube worked well for one week.

Started updates through Terminal and through Software updater at regular intervals and after that the Google browser not displaying the Flash content and pictures properly. Tried by installing Firefox and Midori to check the problem.

The observations: 1. In Google pictures are not clear and YouTube is not displaying properly. 2. In Firefox also the same problem. 3. In Midori pictures are clear but YouTube videos are not clear. In all cases Video is blurred with shadows / horizontal lines making it difficult to identify the visuals and in Google pictures are also not clear.

Kindly go through the attached screenshots and give advise.

Wolfman

Wed May 28, 2014 10:30:10 am

Hi,

start a flash vid and then enlarge it to full screen, right click the screen and disable "Hardware Aceleration", close the browser and restart it, start a flash vid in normal screen mode and right click the screen and select "Global settings > Global Storage Settings panel" and set the slider all the way to the right to "Unlimited"!.

You can also try running this terminal command (Ctrl + Alt + t) and restart and see if it fixes the problem although the above should work!:

Code:
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade -f

pranav.docca

Thu May 29, 2014 4:46:30 pm

Hi Sir,

Followed your advise but problem not solved. Removed Google browger and re installed, but no change in displaying pictures and vedios. Fonts also show in colours and legibity is not clear.

Please look the screen shot and advice.

Pranav

Swarfendor437

Thu May 29, 2014 11:28:13 pm

Hi, is the Graphics an on-board intel set up or do you have an nVidia graphics card?

pranav.docca

Sat May 31, 2014 10:18:15 am

Hi,

It's Intel 845 GE chip set. I have also an ASAU AGP V300 card with 32MB installed in the system, when I used it the screen is blank , hence changed to on board graphics.

After solving this problem will try the AGP card by studying the topic mentioned in the forum.

Today I have re installed the OS freshly and the browser worked fine and it is using HTML5 instead of Flash, but after the packages are updated and upgraded again the problem started with the video and pictures are blurring and not clear as mentioned in the earlier post.

Kindly advise.

Swarfendor437

Sat May 31, 2014 10:53:47 am

I think you may well have issues with the ASUS V300 card as it only has 32 Mb RAM - all I can suggest is to try Zorin LIte! :D

Wolfman

Sat May 31, 2014 1:29:49 pm

Hi,

did you disable "Hardware Acceleration" per the advice earlier?.

Swarf is also right, try a Lite version of Linux as your graphics may be too low for running vids etc using a normal version of Zorin!.

pranav.docca

Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:32:36 am

Hi,

As advised "Hardware Acceleration" disabled and the graphics is on board Intel 845 GE chip set. Only Google browser not functioning but with same hardware Firefox is working fine except JAVA plugins which installed but the sites are not able to use it.

Preferring Google because most of the sites I visit works fine.

As suggested will try Zorin Lite and inform the results.

Wolfman

Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:10:20 am

Hi,

also check and see if you have openjre version 7 installed, take a look in Synaptic by typing java in search!.

pranav.docca

Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:54:05 am

Hi,

Installed Zorin Lite freshly and used it for 2 days. After updating and upgrading the problem appeared in Google Chrome and Fire fox.

Again re installed the Zorin Lite OS by erasing the old OS. This time updating the but stopped upgrading the software. Till now google browser working fine. Installed Open JRE and it is working fine.

But surprised to note in Google one particular site i.e ICICI BANK Personal banking site is not opening after loging with the user id and password. All other banking sites and even other sites of ICICI group opened in the browser.

Don't the browser behavior for specific site. The site opened in Firefox browser without any problem.

Can you explain the strange behavior of that particular site. I am afraid of upgrading the software. Will see how far it will go.

Regards.