This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Backgrounds

halsport

Thu May 29, 2014 9:26:44 pm

How do I add backgrounds? When I right click on the desktop I get a screen with three tabs on the top. When I click on the "pictures" tab there is nothing there. Left click or right click results in -----NOTHING - - - H E L P - - - this stuff shouldn't need to be a problem. I'm getting close to uninstalling the program.

Anonymous

Thu May 29, 2014 10:27:22 pm

When you right click at the [ Desktop ] .....[ Double Click ] on the center [ Greenish Background ] in that window you were referring to.... and another window will open with more backgrounds.
Then do your selection.
Look Here ...On how to change the size !!!!
Link : viewtopic.php?f=6&t=6270

Everyone has started with crawling....then learning how to walk within GNU/Linux at one time or another.
Be patient and read over everything on this forum.
Things will fall in place in due time.

Wolfman

Fri May 30, 2014 8:46:36 am

Hi,

you can also right click any downloaded pic and "set as wallpaper"!. :D

Swarfendor437

Fri May 30, 2014 8:54:09 am

If you are feeling adventurous, install 'Ubuntu Tweak' (http://ubuntu-tweak.com/) and then click on the 'Tweak' tab and click on 'Love Wallpaper HD' - keep clicking on 'I'm feeling lucky!' to refresh what is available - double-click on the wallpaper you want and it installs instantly!

(If you want to know where the wallpaper is saved to it is in a hidden config file - press Ctrl+ H to show hidden files in your '/home' folder, then open '.config' then 'ubuntu-tweak' and in there you will find the wallpaper named as 'lovewallpaper' - every time you use 'Love Wallpaper HD' that file will get overwritten so to keep simply highlight the 'lovewallpaper' file, right-click and 'copy to' - home folder! ;) )