This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

possible driver issues?

kerley

Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:31:54 pm

i have a dell ispirion 1100 that had xp and i installed zorin 8 lite. t has an intel celeron 2.40 ghz processor, 512 ram, intel 845gl video controller, and a 30 gb hard drive. i made a bootable usb and when zorin was running off the usb it was full screen and looked great. so i chose to install and replace xp. when i did so now only the top left quarter of my screen has the desktop on it. i have been looking for dell drivers but they are only for windows. is it a driver issue or a video card issue. please help!!!

Swarfendor437

Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:44:12 pm

Hi, at the boot prompt there should be some instruction to either press 'e' or the 'Tab' key - either way this should alow you to amend the boot prompt - press spacebar at end of boot prompt and enter:

Code:
xforcevesa acpi=off nomodeset

NO GUARANTEES! ;)

kerley

Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:15:10 am

thank you that worked great. but now having issues with chrome. when i open it the border is a bright violet color and the image and text is horrible. it hurts to even try to look at or read anything. not sure if its the resolution of pixels. any tips on what might be wrong with that.

kerley

Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:55:47 am

ok now i rebooted my pc and now its only using the top left corner of the monitor again. how can i save the edit i did to the boot promt so that i dont have to edit everytime

kerley

Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:59:56 am

i tried to enter the edit again and it did not fix the monitor issues this time