This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Steam - Game startup-crashes

Lackmeier

Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:11:05 pm

Hi there,

I just installed Zorin and I'm quite impressed. Except that all my Steam games (except Starbound) crash immediately on start-up without an error. The terminal output:
Code:
Game update: AppID 570 "Dota 2", ProcID 27895, IP 0.0.0.0:0
ERROR: ld.so: object '/home/johannes/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/gameoverlayrenderer.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded: ignored.
/bin/sh: 1: /home/johannes/.local/share/Steam/SteamApps/common/dota 2 beta/dota.sh: Permission denied

(steam:27550): LIBDBUSMENU-GLIB-WARNING **: Trying to remove a child that doesn't believe we're it's parent.

(steam:27550): LIBDBUSMENU-GLIB-WARNING **: Trying to remove a child that doesn't believe we're it's parent.

Game removed: AppID 570 "Dota 2", ProcID 27895

Installing breakpad exception handler for appid(steam)/version(1401381906_client)
Installing breakpad exception handler for appid(steam)/version(1401381906_client)

Anyone know how to fix that?

Wolfgang02

Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:49:34 pm

I am not a gaming expert but to my untrained eye, it is looking like a driver issue. It seems that you are using a glib which I think it OpenGL and that means you have the wrong drivers to cope with the 3D rendering. Now I could be completly wrong and glib could just be a open library file to Steam but I think it is more likely to be linked to your graphics card. OpenGL drivers (I believe) are not updated but the GPU drivers are and I believe this to be your problem.

What graphics card are you using and have you tried to update to the latest drivers?

Wolfman has writen some very useful and easy to understand how-to guides. Try and search for the right one for your graphics card. Let us know how you get on.

Anonymous

Tue Jun 17, 2014 6:04:01 pm

If your using Nvidia for graphics...do not use the 331.00 driver for [ Steam ].

The Nvidia 304 driver is best suited for [ Steam ] / [ Gaming ] from my personal experience.