This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Alright

dat_sylveon

Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:55:25 pm

Trying to keep this post as civil as possible. Even though I know it would fail.

Hello. Im posting report a serious bug Im experiencing.

After having tried to sync my iPod using Rythmbox after several failed attempts, Rythmbox crashed, and my iPod went offline, and went back online immediately after.

Now, the vast majority of the songs that were already on my iPod that I added before I switched to Linux now are unplayable. I am not sure about the exact amount, but 18 out of the 22 songs in my daily rotation now skip to Despicable Me when trying to play them. I recently removed this song from my iPod, leading me to conclude that my music app has been corrupted. This has made me too frustrated to try to sync my iPod at all, and I am now required to dual-boot Linux and Windows 7 just to sync.

When I switched to Linux, I had the intention to say goodbye to the crappy OS forever and only use some flavor of Linux. Being required to dual-boot with Windows just to have the luxury of being able to f*** play my favorite songs is not what I meant with "saying goodbye to Windows forever".

I am running Zorin 8, and always keep it up-to-date. My iPod is an iPod Touch 4G system running iOS 6.1.5.

I have read countless questions regarding people not being able to sync their iDevices using the regular music app, and they were all answered with the same message saying "use Rythmbox or gtk-pod".

Gtkpod didnt work. It didnt work. On load, it gives me a message saying "Cant find sources" and crashes. It didnt corrupt the Music app. Rythmbox, however, did.

The dual-boot with Windows works to sync my iPod. But this is not what I want.

I do not expect any help anymore, even though that would be greatly appreciated. Especially if it solved the problem. If any help involves jailbreaking my iPod, however, dont bother posting it. I am not jailbreaking my iPod anymore due to past experiences with it. Besides, all jailbreaks for iOS 6.1.5 are tethered. Tethered jailbreaking sucks, if you didnt know it.

That said, I am just reporting the bug here that corrupts my iPod.

Swarfendor437

Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:36:54 pm

I know this article relates to a later iOS but bear in mind that Apple are the ones to blame here for making their devices work with anything that is not Apple!

http://www.ubuntuask.com/q/answers-ios- ... 71711.html