This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

help Zorin is really choppy!!

mackattack

Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:54:10 pm

hey guys, So I have Zorin installed on 2 of my wifes work computers. I have it running on a cor2duo e677 and 4gb of ram. it also has a nvidia quatro nvs285. It has 2 montiros. So it seems that when ever im opening or moving anything its really jerky. even when opening and closing web pages. I Should also comment that I have nvidia drivers for the graphics card. Im wondering if a new more powerful gpu would help? I have an 8800gt laying around. the nvs285 is really weak and old for-sure.

Swarfendor437

Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:43:07 pm

HI, and welcome to Zorin!

Which nvidia driver package did you install from Update Manger | Additional Drivers tab? :D

Anonymous

Sat Jun 21, 2014 9:11:03 am

Hi

I have a Nvidia Geforce 8500 GT Graphics Card and I installed the suggested correct proprietary Nvidia driver there. It does not work well. It is also choppy and there are still some blackouts with the windows even if I changed some setting in Compiz to get it working better. The original Gallium 0.4 on NV works much better.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7525