This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[SOLVED] Help! My grey folders on my desktop turned orange

Pieterpadt

Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:30:50 pm

While playing with theme settings in the desktop background window, suddenly the look of the grey folder icons on my desktop changed into orange ones! Also the 'start-button' change from the 'Z'-logo into the orange Ubunto logo. Also the look of the three buttons at the top right of each window (close, minimize etc.) changed.

I don't like this look. I want to have my great Zorin look back!

I have tried to change the theme into ambiance, radiance, high contrast and high contrast reverse, but my favourite look, did not return.
I also used the Zorin Look Changer, but without satisfying result.

Who can help me?

I am using Zorin 6.

Swarfendor437

Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:43:37 pm

HI, do you have 'Ubuntu Tweak' installed? Is it up-to-date? If not, download from here:

https://launchpad.net/ubuntu-tweak/0.8.x/0.8.4

As it is a .deb package it should install with Software Center.

After installation, go to 'System Tools | System Settings' and Ubuntu Tweak should be present in the Appearance Section.

Launch it, then go to the 'Tweak' tab - then click on 'Themes - use the options to select 'ZorinOS' [NOT Zorin OS , click on 'Apply' and you should get your theme back! :D

Pieterpadt

Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:58:16 pm

Thank you Swarendor437 for your quick answer. It works! I've got my old Zorin look back! Many thanks!

Swarfendor437

Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:01:26 pm

No problemo! :D Will mark as [SOLVED]!