This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Zorin OS 9 Core RC Bug Report

zoringroup21

Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:38:51 pm

Post here your observations and reports!

----> CHANGE the subject, reporting YOUR bug! <-------

;-)

zoringroup21

Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:42:34 pm

Chrome Browser. latest, updated.

Copy URL, close browser, open again, copied URL is not on a clipboard.

zoringroup21

Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:48:52 pm

Keyboard switch is not working.

zoringroup21

Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:51:50 pm

Take Screenshot adds mysterious blue overlay on the picture.

zoringroup21

Sat Jun 28, 2014 4:49:13 pm

I can not copy infor from Picture details.

(it was working in previous versions).

Swarfendor437

Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:39:00 pm

zoringroup21 wrote:Take Screenshot adds mysterious blue overlay on the picture.

You need to increase the timing from 0 seconds to 3+ seconds! :D

Swarfendor437

Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:39:55 pm

zoringroup21 wrote:Keyboard switch is not working.

Have you ensured all languages and 'locales' have been installed? ;)

zoringroup21

Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:19:51 pm

Swarfendor437 wrote:
zoringroup21 wrote:Take Screenshot adds mysterious blue overlay on the picture.

You need to increase the timing from 0 seconds to 3+ seconds! :D

It works on Grab Window, grab screen.

On select area to grab it is disabled.

Delay even 10 sec does not do any good!

zoringroup21

Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:21:26 pm

Swarfendor437 wrote:
zoringroup21 wrote:Keyboard switch is not working.

Have you ensured all languages and 'locales' have been installed? ;)

Thank you. somehow it woks today, after yesterday's updates.

Anonymous

Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:56:20 pm

Use [ Kazam ] for taking [ Screenshots ] from [ Software Center ] to resolve one of the problems !!!! :D :D

Swarfendor437

Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:37:27 pm

Another alternative is 'Shutter' has a lot more options than 'Screenshot' :D

tommykry

Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:42:43 am

Installed Zorin OS 9 Rc 64bit on Dell Inspiron 1525, Looks great, runs great so far, only problems I've had is:
1. the Zorin menu pops up behind the task bar (rebooting fixes it most times) but happens sporadically (you can't use the power button to shut down from this location when this happens)
2. The music player has crashed a few times using my iPod just playing music off it.
Other than that looking forward to the final release, looking really good!
Tommy

tommykry

Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:45:54 am

Also one other thing, i could only boot and install it with live dvd, tried every method to boot and install from usb flash drive, tried everything possible even a different usb flash drive, wiped drive w usb image utiliy, formatted long format fat32, and iso download twice Checked 5sum thingie and it matched same iso worked on a dvd?, tried several times, it just wouldn't boot off usb to Zorin OS 9 rc 64bit it would just skip it and boot up manjaro.
The live dvd worked but just takes longer, i prefer the flash drive method.

Tommy

tommykry

Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:55:54 am

One quick question, How would i go about changing the size of the Desktop icons and their text? i see i can right click on them and resize them one at a time, How would i do them all at the same time to make them smaller along w thier text?
I look everywhere for a setting to do this and googled it for ubuntu but i don't see the same settings box to do this?

Also, is there a way to snap the icons closer to the left hand side of the screen closer to the edge? When i choose "keep aligned" they snap in place nice and i like that i would just like to snap them more to the left so i have more desktop space? I guess is there a way to adjust the grid spacing to do this?
Thanks, so far this is a great release, looking forward to the final. :D
Tommy

zoringroup21

Tue Jul 01, 2014 5:37:18 pm

Gizmuntu wrote:Use [ Kazam ] for taking [ Screenshots ] from [ Software Center ] to resolve one of the problems !!!! :D :D[/size][/color]

Thank you. will thia issue be addressed by developers of "9"?

zoringroup21

Tue Jul 01, 2014 5:47:14 pm

login.jpg
DEAD END
Situation:

Zorin OS 9 RC, all latest updates. second language installed (Russian in my case).

If the system goes to Power saving and the last language used was other than English, you can not login - the switch is not working.

Differently, it needs to be addressed!

Temporary solutions:

- change password to plain numeric.

- on login screen press Alt+W to "Switch User", you will be taking to another screen, where system language is set as default, login.

zoringroup21

Tue Jul 01, 2014 5:53:43 pm

tommykry wrote:, i could only boot and install it with live dvd, tried every method to boot and install from usb flash drive,

It did flawlessly for me. Used this method: http://unetbootin.sourceforge.net

zoringroup21

Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:11:55 pm

Gizmuntu wrote:Use [ Kazam ] for taking [ Screenshots ] from [ Software Center ] to resolve one of the problems !!!! :D :D[/size][/b][/color]

Thank you again for your suggestion. Kazam installed. I do not know, if it is Zorin RC, or Kazam problem - I can not save changed destination directory from root to Pictures.

It will not work for our staff, girls will not be able to find saved images in location other than logical for pictures - in Pictures...

Kazan removed...

;-(

zoringroup21

Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:11:10 am

I see Download zorin-os-9-core-32-rc.iso (1.4 GB) on https://sourceforge.net/projects/zorin-os/files/9

When 64 bit is due?

Will Zorin OS 9 Core RC become Final with software Update function? Or it will need another Final Download?

Thank you!

Swarfendor437

Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:59:33 am

zoringroup21 wrote:
Gizmuntu wrote:Use [ Kazam ] for taking [ Screenshots ] from [ Software Center ] to resolve one of the problems !!!! :D :D[/size][/b][/color]

Thank you again for your suggestion. Kazam installed. I do not know, if it is Zorin RC, or Kazam problem - I can not save changed destination directory from root to Pictures.

It will not work for our staff, girls will not be able to find saved images in location other than logical for pictures - in Pictures...

Kazan removed...

;-(

Have you tried shutter?

Swarfendor437

Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:00:37 pm

zoringroup21 wrote:I see Download zorin-os-9-core-32-rc.iso (1.4 GB) on https://sourceforge.net/projects/zorin-os/files/9

When 64 bit is due?

Will Zorin OS 9 Core RC become Final with software Update function? Or it will need another Final Download?

Thank you!

You should still get all the updates, but my personal preference would be to install afresh - to keep things with a new install, see Wolfman's Post-install guide and jump to the section that explains how to do this safely! :D

zoringroup21

Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:12:47 pm

Swarfendor437 wrote:
zoringroup21 wrote:I see Download zorin-os-9-core-32-rc.iso (1.4 GB) on https://sourceforge.net/projects/zorin-os/files/9

When 64 bit is due?

Thank you!

You should still get all the updates, but my personal preference would be to install afresh - to keep things with a new install, see Wolfman's Post-install guide and jump to the section that explains how to do this safely! :D

Installed Zorin 9 flawlessly from USB. Used this method: http://www.unetbootin.sourceforge.net

Good suggestion:

During installation activate Wi-Fi. After installation reboot, wait for login menu screen, go to Advanced / Recovery option. Select Enable Networking (wait), than select Check for Upgrades, then File Repair, then Recover Disk Space. You will have a shiny installation.

Language:

If you installing the system where two or more languages are used, select your second language during installation in Keyboard Settings. It will install automatically the Language switch and all dictionaries for the Office. English will remain as a system language.

We left Windows some 3 years ago. Never missed it...

Suggestion for respected developers - make Dropbox a part of Zorin and implement "Rename Al Files" windows feature.

AZorin

Sat Jul 05, 2014 2:52:00 pm

zoringroup21 wrote:
login.jpg
Situation:

Zorin OS 9 RC, all latest updates. second language installed (Russian in my case).

If the system goes to Power saving and the last language used was other than English, you can not login - the switch is not working.

Differently, it needs to be addressed!

Temporary solutions:

- change password to plain numeric.

- on login screen press Alt+W to "Switch User", you will be taking to another screen, where system language is set as default, login.

Thank you very much for your helpful posts on this thread.

You can switch back to another enabled keyboard layout at the lock screen by clicking on the keyboard layout label beside the password box (eg. "Ru" in your screenshot).

zoringroup21

Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:10:23 pm

When Office application is closed, data put in clipboard is gone.

zoringroup21

Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:46:26 pm

Now RC is installed on more than one computer, i can confirm, it is not my hardware flick.

:o

zoringroup21

Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:50:21 pm

AZorin wrote:
Thank you very much for your helpful posts on this thread.

Thank you, Artem!

I an your admirer!

zoringroup21

Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:01:35 pm

Archive Manager Can not create folder decompressing archives.

:roll:

zoringroup21

Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:06:16 pm

For troubleshooting and debugging purposes it would be helpful to include Zorin version here.

zoringroup21

Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:32:34 pm

See the image.

I think, many people will appreciate it, and will make YOUR work easier.

zoringroup21

Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:45:44 am

Screenshot 2.png
Screenshot 1.png

Is it Them or Us ;-) not working correctly?

Screenshot puts some mystery shade on the image, if " "Selection" is used.

I can not change delay time in "Selection" too.

If it is "them", maybe remove Screenshot and add Shatter?

Thank you!

Screenshot 3.png

Screenshot 4.png

zoringroup21

Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:54:57 am

HP Laser Jet 6L is one of the most bulletproof printers. THey work and do not simply quit.

it is T34 of printers. The toner is cheapest in the Universe.

I will be posting here my experiments with HP LJ 6L.

(so far, no luck...)

efbe

Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:40:50 am

zoringroup21 wrote:
Screenshot 2.png
Screenshot 1.png

Is it Them or Us ;-) not working correctly?

Screenshot puts some mystery shade on the image, if " "Selection" is used.

I can not change delay time in "Selection" too.

If it is "them", maybe remove Screenshot and add Shatter?

Thank you!

Screenshot 3.png

Screenshot 4.png

I found by unticking the animations box in Compz settings solves the blue mystery shade and Screenshot works ok.

zoringroup21

Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:16:00 am

Nice! Let me check it!