This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

look changer

wiab4355

Sat Jun 28, 2014 12:27:52 pm

I only have 3 options - 7, xp and gnome. I'm sure there were more featured on the website; osx for one.

Swarfendor437

Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:44:33 pm

The extra desktops are if you purchase ultimate - but if you download Educattion edition (which is free) you get Win2k look and MacOS X look - for a polished MacOSX look you might want to install Cairo-Dock DE:

Code:
sudo apt-get install Cairo-Dock

Then log out and on the cog near the user login, lefl-click and select 'Cairo-Dock with OpenGL' or ,,, with effects. :D

wiab4355

Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:25:49 pm

Thanks. I'll give it a whirl.

wiab4355

Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:25:33 pm

Also, I have a problem downloading images from Google images. I can click on the image, but when the "black box" area opens, clicking on "Visit Page" and "View image" does nothing. Just to check it wasn't a browser/site issue, I booted into Mint and then W8 and both of those OS were fine. Is it a settings thing?

Also why do I only have the one background?

Also where are the screensavers?

Swarfendor437

Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:41:29 pm

Hi, you have to remember this is a Release Candidate (a Beta release if you will) before the Final one - so community feedback is important - hence,only one background.

The new way of doing things in Gnome 3 DE is to 'lock' the desktop and ask for a password to bring back to life - you can switch this off in:

System Tools | System Settings | Brightness & Lock

Then install X-screensaver - search for it in Synaptic Package Manager - just enter 'synaptic' in the windows 7 menu search bar.