This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[SOLVED] A script to clean the print queue

facu989x

Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:17:58 pm

Frist at all, my name is Facundo, I'm from Argentina and I recently join to the forum.

My problem it's this: I work in a Service Center with computers and, about 6 months, we've installed Zorin OS in all our 5 computers. Ok, everything works flawlessly. We also have a multifunction printer Brother MFC-8480 DN, connected via ethernet to a router.

But, a week ago, some people experimented some problems with the printing, while send to the printer, a PDF job. Our PDF viewer in all the computers is the Fox It Reader. They send the PDF job (for example, 15 o 20 pages), and the printer doesn't responds. Ok. We use another printer (a good-old HP Deskjet 720C) and print that document. Later, about 10 minutes, the old work starts printing on the Brother printer! So we've to stop the print work with a button in the Brother printer.

We take a look in the computer, and look the print queue, which it's full of old jobs. We tried to clean that, without any result.

How can I. develop a shell scipt to clean the print queue in each computer?.

From already, thank you very much.

Swarfendor437

Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:17:21 pm

Quite old but maybe still relevant? :D

http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/ubuntu ... -jobs.html

facu989x

Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:24:16 pm

Thank you very much! This was very useful for me. Thanks a lot!