This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[SOLVED] Software update Issue Z8

alpha1

Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:30:02 pm

Hi Guys
Its been a while sinc emy last post, as my os has been proforming so well untill now.

(Not sure if this is a related issue, but i have been experiencing missig tex in my display.)

I have just recieved a recent update.
However when i try to implement it the following error arrises, see attached
i have tried to follow the proposed solution of "sudo apt-get clean" but with no joy.

Can any one advise as to the next step to get around this and update my system.

Swarfendor437

Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:35:32 pm

Hi, do you have ubuntu tweak installed? Have you tried running 'Janitor' from in there (Ubuntu Tweak)?

alpha1

Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:19:58 am

Swarfendor437 wrote:Hi, do you have ubuntu tweak installed? Have you tried running 'Janitor' from in there (Ubuntu Tweak)?

Thanks for the reply Swarfendor437.
No I do not seem to have this installed - I have checked in the software Centre no show or Janitor and it dos not seem to be able to install this unless i have overlooked it - tried apt-get no go.

Can you suggest any other options please.

Swarfendor437

Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:37:58 am

Well you should be really running 9 RC now as 8 is end of life. You can get Ubuntu Tweak from the official site - just search for Ubuntu Tweak with your preferred search engine and install the one appropriate for your Zorin. :D

alpha1

Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:13:09 am

Swarfendor437 wrote:Well you should be really running 9 RC now as 8 is end of life. You can get Ubuntu Tweak from the official site - just search for Ubuntu Tweak with your preferred search engine and install the one appropriate for your Zorin. :D

I have looked at this option but it dos not seem to be avaliable as yet as i can only download Z 8
As for Ububu Tweak search did not find a download.

Swarfendor437

Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:34:06 am

alpha1

Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:47:45 pm

Swarfendor437 wrote:http://ubuntu-tweak.com/

http://sourceforge.net/projects/zorin-os/

;)

Many Thanks Swarfendor437

Ubuntu Tweek was what was needed it did the job - my updates were carried out no problem.

Will now look over Z 9
Thanks again.