This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

can not execute .sh file

Savage

Tue Jul 01, 2014 4:42:40 pm

Aloha
I am trying to run Teamspeak and it mu st be run from ( ts3client_runscript.sh ) but all it does is open a window that says Execute with 4 choices
( Execute , Execute in terminal, open and cancel ) none of which starts the program any help would be greatly appreciated :) really really dont want to go back to windows lol

I did see someone on these forums say this but i do not see these options in Zorin 8 lite any where
In Nautilus use Location Options (upper right):
Preferences | Behaviour | Executable Text Files
and select
Run executable text files when they are opened

Swarfendor437

Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:33:13 pm

OK, Unpack if compressed then open a terminal and navigate to where the .sh is and enter:

Code:
sudo ./[package name]

:D

Savage

Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:55:00 pm

yea that didnt work either i actually just switched to Mint instead but thank you for the response

but when i did it via terminal same thing happened which was nothing lol if anyone knows or would like to help further with this issue i will load zorin live and test it to help ppl that may be having this same issue so they can come find a solution

Swarfendor437

Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:56:19 am

Hi, my bad - I was up late after sorting friends machine out - will post back later! :D

Update - here you go - if it doesn't work then something is wrong at your end! :D

http://www.thelinuxguy.nl/commands/how- ... ntu-linux/

Anonymous

Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:04:05 pm

Savage Teamspark 3 installed perfect under [ Wine ].
Now whether it will work for you....and that it actaully works....that's a different story

Link : http://www.teamspeak.com/?page=downloads

Install either Teamspark 3 32/64-bit.exe

Linx

Sat Jul 05, 2014 7:14:48 pm

you should run in terminal personally I just open terminal and run the following.
Code:
rootdir="~/teamspeak_directory"
cd $rootdir
./ts3client_runscript.sh &
exit

where rootdir is the teamspeak directory, in my case it is ~/.teamspeak. and it can be shortened to something like
Code:
cd ~/.teamspeak; ./ts3client_runscript.sh & exit

if you get a "Permission denied" error then you should run this
Code:
chmod 550 ./ts3client_runscript.sh

then you shouldn't get the permission denied error any more.

Let us know if it helps.

Savage

Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:29:45 pm

i will check it out as soon as i can

and Gizmuntu i shouldn't have to run the windows client iv never had to do that on any other distro of linux

thank you for the responses

Linx

Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:41:31 pm

any update? can we mark this as solved ?