This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[solved, sortof] games menu... nothing there, plus other

yonnie

Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:48:06 pm

Have Zorin 8, 64bit installed. From the zorin menu button, games... nothing is showing. I had a few games installed previously and they used to show. I installed about 30 more games mostly board type like chess, tetris, jewel, reversi from the synaptic games selection (of course the synaptic used different names for these). Now nothing is displaying in the games menu. Tried re-installing games, ran DPKG and FSC from recovery mode. Broken packages reported in Synaptic now gone, games menu-list still seems empty. User, clock and other info missing from kick-panel. This Zorin seems like a high-maintenance OS, why is that? Can someone please suggest what to do?

yonnie

Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:44:07 pm

Removed completely all the games. rebooted. Re-installed most of what I had previously. They're working now with the menu.

Swarfendor437

Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:05:54 pm

Hi, because of the 'custom' ZorinMenu (based on GnoMenu) it is limited - you need to install 'alacarte' to edit the menus:

Open a terminal (Menu | Accessories | Terminal) and enter:

Code:
sudo apt-get install alacarte

:D