This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

"[SOLVED] Change icon (TEXT) dpi or size"

tommykry

Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:41:15 am

(Could probably be related to OS 8 as well anyway)
I've been using Zorin OS 9 rc for a few days and really liking it, i have one question:
Does anyone know if there is a setting or a tool i can install or how to change the icon (TEXT) dpi or size, the text seems thick to me. like it is almost "bold" So i can make it thinner? Or where there is a setting to change and configure this?
I think the icon text dpi setting is what i am looking for?
I figured out how to make the desktop icons smaller, now if i can just get the Icon text thinner or smaller it would be awesome!
I installed ubuntu-tweak but there doesn't seem to be a setting in there anywhere that i could find for icon text dpi.
Other than that and the few things I've posted Zorin OS 9 is going to be Sawwweeeet! ( i will definitely buy the upraded Edition when it is released.
Thanks,
Tommy

Swarfendor437

Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:36:41 am

Hi and welcome! :D

If you have not got dConf Editor showng in System Tools | Preferences you will need to install 'dconf-tools':

Open a terminal (Menu | Accessories | Terminal) and enter:

Code:
sudo apt-get install dconf-tools

Then it should show up where I indicated earlier in this post - open dconf-editor and search (there is no search function as such - you will have to 'expand' the little arrow heads on the far left to expand each heading - you need to look for desktop then look at settings in there - it is scaled as 1.0 - you need to enter your own scale and see what happens there. At work so can't direct you precisely to where you need to be! :D

tommykry

Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:25:52 am

Thanks Swarfendor437 it worked! You are the pro!
After searching in the dConf Editor (which i think was already installed) as you described, it took a while to find it, its under:
org - gnome - desktop - interface - text-scaling-factor
Like you said its default is 1.0, I changed it to 0.85 and now it looks correct to me. :D
Thank you so much, i am slowly tweaking everything to my preference and its looking sharp, if i can figure out how to post a screenshot i will.
Tommy

Swarfendor437

Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:27:03 am

Hi, glad you are sorted! :D

How to upload a screenshot:

http://www.veoh.com/watch/v385833212XzmANbj

:D