This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Take screenshot in Zorin os 9

efbe

Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:30:16 am

Hi all, i'm trying to work out how to slow down Take a screenshot of a selected area.. iv'e tried changing to wait for 3 seconds but i get a blue inner box, showing me it's taking the selected area too quickly. Is there any way of slowing it down?. Below is a small area iv'e taken with Takescreen shot to show what i mean.
I didn't have this problem on other Zorin OS versions.
Cheers

Swarfendor437

Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:14:57 pm

Hi, if it is selected area changing the time won't make any difference - what will make a difference is 'whole screen' or 'current window' set to 5 seconds. Install Shutter - I don't know why Shutter is not bundled instead - it has far more flexible options! :D

Open a terminal and enter:

Code:
sudo apt-get install shutter

efbe

Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:34:37 pm

Thanks Swarfendor.... iv'e turned off animations in Compiz config settings manager and it seems to work ok now. I guess it's the speed of the animations i have to adjust somehow. Also i have already installed Shutter which will do what i want.
Thanks for your help.

Swarfendor437

Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:51:00 am

No problemo! And thanks for the headsup on Compiz - hadn't thought of that so have 60 blue Zorin jewels on me! :D