This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[SOLVED] Syncronisation tabs impossible (Firefox)

Keko

Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:15:28 am

Hello there,

I can not sync, tabs for "Mozilla Firefox"?
For the rest of the syncronisation no problem.

Can you please help me thank you in advance.

Swarfendor437

Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:10:36 pm

Hi and welcome! Please await a response from one of the other mods/forum members - I don't sync! :)

Keko

Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:51:43 pm

Swarfendor437 wrote:Hi and welcome! Please await a response from one of the other mods/forum members - I don't sync! :)

Thank you, hoping for a response ;)

jonas99

Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:17:54 pm

Keko my sync still works as I installed Zorin 9 (upgraded from Zorin 6) but kept my /home folder so all my setting remained.. I'm installing another system later today. Full with new /home so I'll check sync then. and see if I have same issue and try to find a work around if needed

Keko

Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:31:10 pm

jonas99 wrote:Keko my sync still works as I installed Zorin 9 (upgraded from Zorin 6) but kept my /home folder so all my setting remained.. I'm installing another system later today. Full with new /home so I'll check sync then. and see if I have same issue and try to find a work around if needed

Ok, thank you ;)

jonas99

Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:52:38 pm

my sync still works because all my settings were imported from my Zorin 6 install. new install revealed that sync has changed and I can nolonger use it on my own firefox sync server (owncloud firefox sync app) . (Firefox 29+ new sync format). After reading the Mozilla forums it appears you are not the only one with Tab sync problems. so this appears to be a Mozilla issue and not related to Zorin at all. Sorry I can't help further

Keko

Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:12:50 pm

jonas99 wrote:my sync still works because all my settings were imported from my Zorin 6 install. new install revealed that sync has changed and I can nolonger use it on my own firefox sync server (owncloud firefox sync app) . (Firefox 29+ new sync format). After reading the Mozilla forums it appears you are not the only one with Tab sync problems. so this appears to be a Mozilla issue and not related to Zorin at all. Sorry I can't help further

Ok,thank you anyway ;)

Keko

Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:31:22 pm

Even if I do not and I syncronise my example two tabs: Google.fr, Orange.fr then I configure in "prefernce" and "General" and then "Home Page" and I click "courrantes Pages" and then shut down.
When I close and then I open Firefox, I always have a tab but not both.

It seems that Firefox blocks indexed (current page).

It's weird because I have no problem Kubuntu and Windows!

Keko

Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:35:46 pm

Hello there,

I redid the operation!
This is good its working now ;)
Thank you again.

Swarfendor437

Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:30:05 pm

Hi Keko, glad you are sorted - will mark as [SOLVED]! :D

Thanks also to jonas99 for assisting! :D