This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[Solved] How do I add portable app exe to taskbar?

ElectricRider

Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:40:35 pm

I have a portable application that simply runs when you click it's excutable. Of course it is not installed natively. On running this app and right clicking on it's icon in DocBarX there is no option to pin this app to the taskbar. How to fix? Thanks. (for Zorin 9)

Swarfendor437

Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:25:59 pm

I guess by that you mean it is a Windows .exe running under WINE - no distro can do this! :D

jonas99

Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:39:37 pm

Try this. make sure app is running. right click on icon in Dockbar

make custom launcher.png
make custom launcher.png (38.49 KiB)

Select Make Custom Launcher

Fill in as required

Create Launcher.png

So I have dumped Firefox for Pale Moon. it is compatable with all Firefox add on uses old mozzila sync AND YOU CAN UPLOAD IMAGES TO THE FORUM!!!!

ElectricRider

Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:59:30 pm

Swarfendor437

Nope.. it's actually an app made for Linux, just doesn't use an installer.. Popcorn Time found here: http://popcorntime.io/

I see why you said that though because of my use of the words executable and exe.

jonas99

Yep.. that worked.. Thanks. I never had to create a custom launcher before. I found out I can change the icon too by clicking on the icon when I edit the properties of the launcher. (I had to download an icon from the web)

BTW, I have a tut here about Popcorn Time and it's forks. Today I updated the info to reflect the main Popcorn Time app has native running linux versions as well as added support for TV shows. viewtopic.php?f=6&t=6860&p=32357&hilit=popcorn+time#p32357

Swarfendor437

Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:42:20 am

jonas99 wrote:Try this. make sure app is running. right click on icon in Dockbar

make custom launcher.png

Select Make Custom Launcher

Fill in as required

Create Launcher.png

So I have dumped Firefox for Pale Moon. it is compatable with all Firefox add on uses old mozzila sync AND YOU CAN UPLOAD IMAGES TO THE FORUM!!!!

Hi, Thanks for the information on Pale Moon - will take a look when I have time! :D