This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[MOVED] Can't get WNA 3100 to work

edcurtis

Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:04:38 pm

I have never done any of this before and totally lost. I had windows vista and a friend installed the ultimate edition but could not get my Net Gear wna 3100 to work, I deleted the windows and ultimate for Zorin and have no idea how to get it going? I read a ton but it was as good as Chinese for me. I am an idiot that has ZERO clue. I will re install and start from scrach if someone can walk me through it all, please, I am on another box, wannabeherd@outlook.com is my place I can check. I need a step by step like a little kid, LOVE the program but this is frustrating and can only print out the instructions and download whats needed to USB

Swarfendor437

Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:15:02 pm

Hi, and Welcome! :D I had similar issues until madvinegar provided me with these:

0846_9011.tar.gz
(863.82 KiB)
- right-click this and select 'Open with Archive Manager' and select 'Extract'

Also you need to open Synaptic [note that you will have to enter your login password to access this as 'root' - administrator], (Menu | System Tools | Administration | Synaptic Package Manager) and in the small search box enter: 'ndiswrapper'

You will see 'ndiswrapper-source' does not have a green box to the left of it - right-click this and select 'Mark for installation' then click on the 'Apply' button on the menu bar at the top of the Synaptic Window.

49.png

After installation is complete, go to Menu | System Tools | Administration | Windows Wireless Drivers:

22.png

You will be asked for your password again and when the interface opens, click on 'install new driver':

24.png

53.png

Now click on the folder button to search to the Desktop (where you should download that package above to) and click on the correct .inf - 32 if you are running 32-bit Zorin 64 if you are running 64-bit - you then just need to enter your password to connect to your router. If you are in the UK you will need to change your MTU settings to 1432 from Autormatic. - more details here:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7359

05.png

Next click on configure 'network button':

38.png

Then click on 'Add' on the new window to the right and select 'Wi-fi':

58.jpg

Then follow the rest of the prompts!

28.png

:D

edcurtis

Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:25:25 pm

THANK YOU! I just re did the whole computer on a usb with usb creator for zorin 9, This works and I will be a good sales man! love the program, concept and goals, I want to build stuff, not protect from things, This is a fresh new start! 1st baby step thanks to you!

I was exploring and broke it again. Iam in same boat }-; I have it all set up with the same driver on a brand new install 9 educational and it says invald driver? I re- installed all the insdwrappers and cought a wireless editor crash
is it me?

bucsfan311

Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:54:25 am

I'm having the same problem.
When I check the Synaptic Packet Manager, it lists the ndiswrapper as installed.
Screenshot from 2014-08-05 17_29_23.png
ndiswrapper

But when I install the driver it gives me an error:
Screenshot from 2014-08-05 17_27_56.png
error