This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Premium donator from 2012, can I still use Zorin?

busterdan

Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:00:37 am

Hi there,

I donated to Zorin back in 2012 to download Zorin 6 Ultimate. I did use it for a while but had some issues, mainly running Serviio server if I remember correctly as well as a troublesome start button.

I'd like to give Zorin 9 Ultimate a try, so am I still (as a past donator) able to download and use it?... I couldn't see any details on existing donators being able to download the Iso and when I clicked on the download it took me to a Paypal payment page.

If you can advise I'd be grateful, thanks

Dan

Swarfendor437

Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:07:26 pm

Hi, as you stated you had some issues with the earlier Premium edition, I would advise you the same as the Main Page on Zorin recommends that you download the Core version first to see if:

1. It runs on your rig

2. You are happy with it.

I think if you had purchased Zorin 8 Ultimate recently that would be a different matter but it is 2 years since the Premium of 6 came out so I think you would have to pay for the latest Premium edtion. ;)

Linx

Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:01:40 pm

I would suggest you get and use the core version and see if it does what you want it to do first, and issues you have let us know, and we will do whatever we can to help ( within reason of course )

The Serviio server seems pretty neat, I haven't heard of it before. Normally I used ssh and sshfs for remote streaming =]

busterdan

Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:29:58 pm

Thanks for the replies I'll check it out and if necessary pay again.

Cheers

Dan