This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

zorin 8 & bluegriffon

handymangeorge

Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:50:39 pm

Hi.
I have trouble install Bluegriffon.
Is here anyone who already done it?
I downloaded it and unpacked it and somehow run it one time. Did open html file of my old website and alterate it, everithink did work.
After switch off computer, can't run it as can't find it in the system.
I did atempt a few instalations by reading other forums for diferent distros, but can't run it anymore.
Please please help me if you know how to instal.

I do run Zorin 8 core on my laptop Philips X54 (2G memory)
Have windows XP as well on HDD as need use XP for printing - so dual boot on my laptop.
I am new to Linux. Happy with Zorin 8 , but have trouble with installing Bluegriffon.
Will be nice if someone help me.

George.

Swarfendor437

Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:55:45 pm

Hi George, Zorin is based on Ubuntu so this guide might help you in respect of Bluegriffon:

http://nixmash.com/linux/how-to-install ... inux-mint/

Could you share with us what printer you are using? Perhaps we could get that working as well than you can say goodbye to XP forever! :D

Whilst you may be happy with Zorin 8 it is end-of-life (about a week ago) - I would advise you either go with Zorin 6 LTS or Zorin 9 LTS! :D

handymangeorge

Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:48:53 pm

Thank you for fast reply .
Our printer is Dell 942 all in one.
I did try find out how to make work in linux,but no success.
I am willing to go ahead with zorin 9 as is newer, hope it will work on my laptop and no too difficult install bluegriffon.
All the best.
handymangeorge.

Swarfendor437

Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:35:43 am

No joy on the printer front I'm afraid:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1191076

:cry:

handymangeorge

Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:05:39 pm

No problem, I can live with it.

Please I need help with BlueGriffon.
I did follow instructions you send me link, first and second step ok, but third step - I can't work out how to add the launcher.

Swarfendor437

Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:15:43 pm

Hi, Last day of holiday today - back home tomorrow - give me a couple of days to look at this please! :D