This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Software & Updates - Zorin OS 9 Core

OUgrad

Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:14:41 pm

I have Zorin OS 9 64-bit Core installed. When I open Software & Updates under System Settings, the Update tab does not allow more than one box to be checked - see attached screenshot. Only one of the four boxes can be checked. If I check a second box, the checkmark is removed from the first box checked. It would seem that one should be able to check any or all of the four boxes and every time this window is opened it would display those boxes as still checked like the Zorin Software tab in this same window. However, each time I open the attached window (Updates tab), none of the boxes are checked, not even one. Looks like a bug to me. Any thoughts?

OUgrad

Swarfendor437

Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:10:10 pm

Hi, don't worry too much about that as it was the same in earlier versions - I think it could be an interface error - you will still get all the updates including security updates - please be aware that the Firewall in Zorin 9 needs to be activated - it is 'off' by default. Also whilst in Software Updater, go to first tab and be sure that your source is set to Main Server then do a system update either through Software Updater or through the terminal (Menu | Accessories | Terminal) and enter:

Code:
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
:D

Wolfman

Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:54:24 pm

OUgrad

Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:23:49 am

Thanks for all your feedback. I do have my Firewall set at max (Public) and earlier today changed Software & Updates source to Main Server. I'll look at Wolfman's link in about 12 hours.

OUgrad