This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Missing zoring graphics and features

pieman

Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:29:08 pm

Hi,
I installed zorin lite (7.1) on an old computer and realized that lots of the textures were missing. There is a black bar above the dock (taskbar) and there is no close, minimize, maximize. The black bar covers the shutdown and lock feature on the start menu. The only lead I have is that the graphics are "Unknown" and I think it could be a driver problem. I tried looking for intel graphics drivers for linux, ubuntu drivers were the only ones I could find, and these did not install. It opened the zorin shop and said: "Dependency is not satisfiable: libglib2.0-0(>=2.37.3)"

JUST A QUICK NOTE: I am not a genius at using linux, if there is anything to do with command lines please illustrate these carefully.

If you know anything that could help I would be VERY happy if you could respond,

Thank you for your time.

Swarfendor437

Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:31:22 pm

Hi Please be aware that Zorin 7.1 is now end-of-life - just like its Lubuntu counterpart on which it is built - please await the release of Zorin 9 Lite - in the meantime, try LXLE as a stop-gap (http://lxle.net)

pieman

Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:11:53 pm

But is there any way of fixing it?

Swarfendor437

Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:30:51 am

Hi pieman, at the moment I don't have Zorin Lite to hand or installed anywhere and my cup runneth over with lots of projects for this forum! ;)

Wolfman

Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:52:16 pm

Hi,

see the Zorin Lite post install guide which may help you:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4835