This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[SOLVED] S-Video Problems

cjon71

Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:39:30 pm

Hi,
I am using Zorin OS 8 Core and have been using it for a couple of moths now. I have a problem when I try to connect my laptop to my tv via the s-video output. Whenever I connect the cable from the laptop to the tv my system crashes. My laptop is a Toshiba Sattelite M45-S351, Intel® Pentium(R) M processor 1.73GHz, Intel® 915GM x86/MMX/SSE2 graphics card, and two gigs of ram. Any help would be appreciated.

Swarfendor437

Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:49:57 pm

Hi and welcome to Zorin - I am having difficulties finding the member who had similar issues on an earlier version of Zorin - not sure if it ever got resolved - I don't have any setup like that so sadly I cannot help - hopefully someone will be along with an answer. :)

Welcome to Zorin by the way - should point out that Zorin 8 reached end of life a couple of weeks ago like Ubuntu 13.10 on which it was built. You should be looking to install Zorin 9 if your system can take it - download a Core version and try it in live mode before installing - no guarantees it will solve your issue but it does have 5-years support! :D

cjon71

Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:07:15 pm

Thanks for your response, I just downloaded OS 9 Core.

cjon71

Sat Aug 02, 2014 4:43:40 pm

Thanks for the advice, I installed OS 9 and that seems to have done the trick!

Swarfendor437

Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:08:30 am

Well, just shows that Zorin is going from strength-to-strength! :D

Glad you are sorted! :D