This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Mouse movement scrolls!

TheDrewyd

Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:44:12 pm

Hi all,

I have just recently installed Zorin 9 and everything was fine up until this morning when I installed recommended updates (I did not note what they were). Now any movement at all (up/down/left/right) of the mouse results in the window with focus scrolling down (if text content eg web or a text editor) or movement between tabbed controls. This carries on only when the mouse is moved. If you can manage to hit a button or link (due to the pages scrolling all the time (the mouse pointer works normally on top)), the buttons work normally.

Any ideas how to fix this? I am a recent convert from Windows - so a Linux newbie - but am not a computer newbie. My guess would be the mouse driver but I don't know how to sort this in Linux...

Cheers,

Andy

Swarfendor437

Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:07:11 am

Hi, is this a USB mouse or wireless muose? If the former, have you tried unplugging and plugging back in while computer on? Is this all applications or just Browsers? If just browser, which one? :D