This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Weather screenlets

david7307

Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:33:32 pm

has any one got weather screenlets to work on Ultimate 9 if so how i have tried a couple and nothing works
thanks

Henriolavi

Sun Aug 03, 2014 4:58:29 am

Hi

Do you mean the one from AWN settings/applets. It does not work. It gives an error message after some time after start.

Weather .png

There is an other weather application on the "Others" menu that i have used instead, it works.

Weather.jpg

If you haven't that in there so it can be found from this URL.
http://www.wunderground.com/?apiref=0cc9cfc6de4be7a6

If you use Firefox this can be pinned to one tile in the New Tab page to get it as a "screenlet".
Firefox 31.jpg

Hope this works for you.
BTW I have only Core installed, so I am not sure whether there are some other weather apps available in Ultimate.

Swarfendor437

Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:41:52 am

david7307

Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:01:16 pm

thanks to both for reply got it working this morning,
But is there one,that will sit on my desktop , the ones that come with the screenlet package from the software centre, thy don't work any more, or don't work for me

Swarfendor437

Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:10:09 pm

Hi, I can't test this right now as in Windows 7 slowly uploading 3.4 Gb Part 2 of my dual install video! :D

Henriolavi

Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:46:55 pm

Best possible short term weather information you could get if you find some local meteorological organisation offering the forecasts in web like this shown in this screenshot.
Thunderstorm.png

To day we had this very heavy local thunder storm at 04.00 PM here which ie. burned down a house only few hundred meters from my house.

Swarfendor437

Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:48:44 pm

Hi, I think he wants a screenlet on screen - the best I can think of is install Cairo-Dock, add the Weather applet then detach it to be on-screen (like system monitor for CPU/RAM) :D

david7307

Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:53:29 pm

Menu software centre screenlets .
there is weather screenlets there have always worked now thy don't
pic.png
seem to work

Swarfendor437

Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:23:14 pm

Hi, all I can suggest is that you install Cairo-Dock DE and add the weather applet from it's add-ins! :D