This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Num lock problem (different from other posts)

d73805

Sun Aug 03, 2014 1:48:59 pm

When i switch to another window, my Num Lock toggles off or on (the opposite of the previous window's setting).
It happens both when I switch windows with ALT-TAB and when I select with the mouse. I'm using a USB keyboard. The Num Lock light stays on (or off) until I press it.
Has this happened to anyone else? Any suggestions? I realize it's a minor issue, but I work with mostly numbers and am constantly switching between windows.

Swarfendor437

Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:07:52 pm

Hi, have you tried disconnecting and reconnecting the keyboard to see what happens?

d73805

Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:25:42 am

I have tried disconnecting and reconnecting.

Swarfendor437

Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:08:19 am

Hi, no guarantees on this, switch off the machine, turn off the switch of the Computer Power Supply Unit and disconnect the power lead from the power supply unit - remove all USB devices. Leave for 30 seconds then reconnect all USB connections - try keyboard in a different connector, and place power lead back in Power Supply Unit, switch power supply unit back on, boot machine.

d73805

Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:53:06 am

Tried, but no luck.
I realized something that may be important. This only happens when toggling to or from a certain application, which happens to be a windows program launched with WINE.