This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[SOLVED]Compiz settings animation burn?

Hensyr Wolf

Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:52:08 pm

hi there,

ill try to explain myself because this is a bit of difficult

Compiz

i see in a lot of video's on the internet that some people can close their windows with fire

so i began to search in Compiz by the tab effects / animation but burn isn't there anymore, is there some way i can have that in Compiz?

Swarfendor437

Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:40:32 pm

Hi, I can't give an answer right now as I am finally getting the second part of my video uploaded - had to go into Windows to do it as uploading anything bigger than 1 Gb requires VeohPlayer installed - and, you guessed it, only runs in Windows! :(

Hensyr Wolf

Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:47:49 pm

No problem Swarf, i can wait

blfriis

Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:32:17 pm

Hi Hensyr Wollf as far as I know you have to downgrade Compiz settings manager. I once asked on IRC the devs of compiz and they told me to downgrade Compiz.. I'm missing the " burn " too...

Hensyr Wolf

Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:20:18 pm

blfriis wrote:Hi Hensyr Wollf as far as I know you have to downgrade Compiz settings manager. I once asked on IRC the devs of compiz and they told me to downgrade Compiz.. I'm missing the " burn " too...

hi blfriis, thanks mate.

But i wonder if that's a good idea. And how do this downgrade work?

Hensyr Wolf

Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:27:51 pm

Is there someone who can tell my if it is een good idea to downgrade Compiz?
Will this affect my Zorin OS 9?
How do i an downgrade?

Henriolavi

Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:12:41 am

Hi

I have not experience on that but I believe that there is some risk that it can cause problems. I would preferably stay in that version that is installed to the distro. There might be some reason why it is removed. There are some other effects that I have used like shadows and wobbly windows. I have also dimming of non active windows in use. With these plus tweak tool and Docky installed the desktop can be very nicely customized. It depends on how urgently you want to have the "burn" added, but I don't know where and how it can be installed. Now with these additions my desktop and windows looks as follows.

Windows 7 look.png

Hensyr Wolf

Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:21:32 pm

Hi Henriolavi,

Thanks for your reply.
So i understand that Compiz should stay the way it is in Zorin OS 9 without the burn effect.

davea0511

Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:05:41 pm

I tried rolling it back for this purpose and messed zorin up enough to reinstall the whole os. I sure liked that exploding windows effects. I think I may go with Manjaro next time ... a lot like Zorin as it's designed for non-linux-heads like my kids and wife, plus it has a different version (not rolled-back) version of compiz called compiz-reloaded, which has all the cool effects.

Swarfendor437

Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:08:20 pm

Interesting historical post and possible way forward here:https:

https://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/ ... 08131.html

;) :D