This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Sounds not working

Barry F

Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:08:59 pm

Hello

I just been trying the new Zorin OS 9 core version. I have not installed it i am only running it off the disc for now to see how i like it before i do a install.

I do not have sounds when i use the OS 9 I did go into the system sounds and for some reason it had the head phones highlighted so i changed the out put to the only other option that was there and then did a sound check and i still don't get any sounds.

Any help in this matter would be very much appreciated

I am using Toshiba A505-S6969 laptop
windows 7 64 bit
intel Core 2 Duo T6500 @2.10GHz
4GB SDRAM

Im not sure about my sound card because when i look in the device manger I have two thing in there for sounds hmmm lol
any ways this is what my device manger is showing for sounds
Intel(R) High Definition Audio HDMI
Realtek High Definition Audio

Also if i do install it on my laptop which one should i install the 64 bit or the 32 bit ?

Thanks in advance

Swarfendor437

Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:49:30 pm

The choice of 32-bit or 64-bit is down to you - the fact that you have Windows 7 64-bit means Zorin 9 64-bit should cope also but some people have had a better experience with 32-bit. As for sound, what does your soundcard/chip show up in Device Manager in Windows?

Barry F

Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:31:04 am

the sound card/chip i have is

Intel(R) High Definition Audio HDMI
Realtek High Definition Audio

Here is the funny thing tho i will be in 0s9 and i will have sounds but then for some reason i will lose my sounds and this is what i have noticed when i do lose my sounds.

when i do have sounds os9 says in system sounds that i have
speakers
built-in audio

then for what ever reasons i will lose my sounds and when i do lose sounds i look at system sounds and it will say
speakers
head phones

I have no idea why os9 all of a sudden will change from built-in audio to head phones

so my question to you is how do i stop os9 from switching to head phones for sounds ?

thanks

AngeLaHash

Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:52:49 pm

Well im having the same Problems, i was oK on Zorin8
went to buy the Full OS on 9 as it was impressive (couldnt download at the time)

Acer 5553 Laptop had sound for a few seconds and then went it can name and see my sound card.. ill try a USB onetho