This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[SOLVED] Problem of the taskbar loading

Keko

Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:09:19 am

Hello there,

I have a problem with the taskbar next to clock at each start, I do not see the icons!
Can we do something?

please thank you in advance.

SplatOz

Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:06:59 pm

This has happend to me on occassion. I think the applet (or whatever it is) gets confused and doesn't refresh.

Regardless, one fix I found to get it back is to go into Look Changer (System Tools > Zorin Look Changer) and set it to whatever your prefered configuration is. Or reboot.

Keko

Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:35:04 am

SplatOz wrote:This has happend to me on occassion. I think the applet (or whatever it is) gets confused and doesn't refresh.

Regardless, one fix I found to get it back is to go into Look Changer (System Tools > Zorin Look Changer) and set it to whatever your prefered configuration is. Or reboot.

thank you ;)

Maerskian

Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:35:27 pm

Went through the same stage recently :

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7942

And while the look changer works to reload the applet ... it is far from final, as it happens again & again . You can fix it when it happens, but can't prevent it from happening again in the near future, so if anybody has any idea to fix this once & for all , would be greatly appreciated :D

Swarfendor437

Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:13:01 am

Well you could remove it altogether! :D

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7983

Or rather than changing DE, right-click panel and select preferences and go to 'Applets' - drag the white 'i' in a blue circle on the replca panel at bottom of panel up to the general list of applets then bring it back down again ('indicator3 applet')

Keko

Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:48:44 am

Swarfendor437 wrote:Well you could remove it altogether! :D

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7983

Or rather than changing DE, right-click panel and select preferences and go to 'Applets' - drag the white 'i' in a blue circle on the replca panel at bottom of panel up to the general list of applets then bring it back down again ('indicator3 applet')

Hello there,

Thank you for this solution ;)