This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[Solved] Zorin 9 restart problem

larry69

Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:35:21 pm

Hi, I installed Zorin 9 on this Lenovo destop. Everything is going well except it restarts after shutting down. I turned off the wake on land in Bios. It still restarts and I have been letting it go to sleep mode. I am new to Linux so have lot to learn. I had Zorin 8 on here and it worked just fine. Thanks for any help, Larry

Swarfendor437

Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:25:37 am

Hi, have you completed a full update?

Code:
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
from a terminal.

Also have you tried the perfunctory 'dpkg' steps by choosing advanced boot mode and then safe mode - select 'dpkg' from teh menu then a reboot to see if the situation gets resolved? :D

larry69

Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:43:03 pm

Hello swarfender437. I tried your method and several other people's. I kept searching on other sites and found a post that said that sometimes a wireless adapter or USB device can cause computer to rebbot. Also they said to open the terminal and type (sudo poweroff). I tried that first without unplugging and it still rebooted. I had a DVD recorder plugged in and a camera card reader. The reason I had the extra DVD plugged in is that this one in the computer is read only. I unplugged the two items and type that (sudo poweroff) and it shut down. Thanks for posting though. Took me a long time reading different posts. I am new to Linux so will need help time to time.

Linx

Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:11:18 pm

Marking as solved!

Swarfendor437

Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:51:58 am

Hi larry69, glad you are sorted! :D