This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

zorin 9 insatll

USER987

Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:12:06 pm

i have installed Zorin 9 on my netbook with 8g SSD HD, really 6.4G, right now i am using 5.7G of total 6.4G.

It keeps on warning me that i have 300+ Meg left, so i assume the rest of the Gig are being use by the different version of Zorin i see when i boot up.

Is there any way i can remove choices 2,3 etc. and just keep choice 1 when i boot up so i can free up disk space?

Swarfendor437

Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:31:18 am

Hi, You have two options - either install Bleachbit or install Ubuntu Tweak and run Janitor - Janitor will show all the previous kernels installed - always advisable to keep the most recent one prior to current one in case of update issues.
In Zorin 9 it is not readily available (ubuntu tweak) in the menu - you will need to open a terminal (Ctrl+ Alt+ T) and enter:

Code:
sudo ubuntutweak

I think you are pushing your netbook to the limit with the full version of Zorin - hopefully Zorin Lite will be available soon!

USER987

Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:41:18 pm

thanks for the input,
but before i got your info, i was doing a update and the computer say i did not have enough space for install and say do a sudo apt-get clean , so i did that and it finish the update install and i don't get the low disk space message anymore.

madvinegar

Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:30:13 pm

6.4gb is too low (even 8gb).

For this kind of size you are better of preparing a usb with persistent space.

Otherwise you must asign your /home to another partition on your Hdd.