This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Zorin OS 9 and WNDR3100v2 wireless usb adapter

rford2798

Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:16:35 am

Hello,

I have just installed Zorin 9. I am trying to connect to the internet through a Netgear WNDR3100v2 usb adapter. I am not able to do so. the adapter lights up and I have tried to run the software that comes with it as well. The only thing I can think of that could be the issue is that I have not connected via a wrired connection to do any updates yet.

madvinegar

Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:26:42 am

At first, as you said, find a wired connection and do all the updates, and then try again to connect the usb adapter.

The uodates can be done in terminal by using the following commands:

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

If it does not work post back here the result of the following command (the adapter should be plugged in):

lsusb

Swarfendor437

Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:46:40 am

Hi madvinegar - will those packages you provided (and I reposted) for version one of that dongle work? :D I know it will still mean the user installng ndis-dkms and ndis-source before it will work - also needing wired connection.

madvinegar

Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:41:32 am

These packages are essential if you are going to use and install ndiswrapper.

In case the native drivers will not work, then I was also going to suggest using ndiswrapper with the winXP drivers.